Outside sign and parking lot at SBY Airport

Airport History

In 1940, Wicomico County and the City of Salisbury began construction of the airport under a joint agreement with the Federal Works Progress Administration. Originally encompassing 695 acres, the project cost $1.5 million. Today, the airport spans roughly 1,000 acres, making it the second largest in the state of Maryland.

Below is a chronology of major changes and events which have taken place over the decades:

// survey